SEASONS GREETINGS AND END-OF-YEAR UPDATE
Our Wattwatchers team wishes you and your loved ones a safe and peaceful holiday season and a happy new year.
Whatever occasions you may be celebrating, we hope you get a trouble free break, with the opportunity to refresh and recharge for 2022 and beyond.
On the housekeeping side, our factory reopens for deliveries on Monday, January 10th; sales reps are back from Tuesday, January 4th; and the Support email will be monitored throughout. We’ve also separately advised API users of scheduled server maintenance work happening in January and February, including on January 5th (potential downtime for API and apps) and January 12th (downtime).
Wattwatchers 2021 at a glance
I also want to take this opportunity to briefly update you on our progress in 2021, to look ahead to the new year, and also to share how Wattwatchers is working with our ecosystem of customers, partners, suppliers and supporters to handle ongoing disruptions related to Covid-19.
Our good news is that 2021 has been Wattwatchers’ biggest year ever. Most importantly, this means we are better placed than ever to serve our customers and work with our partners.
- We successfully raised more capital for growth, in Australia and internationally, with a $5.8 million Series B round led by impact investor Kilara Capital and supported by Series A investor the Clean Energy Finance Corporation (CEFC).
- We’ve doubled the size of our team to 16 people, and we now have three main clusters of Wattwatchers personnel in Greater Sydney, Greater Melbourne and South-East Queensland.
- Our growth has been particularly focused on improving how we support you, including new customer-facing roles of National Head of Sales, Customer Success Manager, Installation Success Manager and Sales Administrator.
- We’ve also bolstered our inhouse engineering team, and our solution collaborations with partners, to support and spread our core business model of Wattwatchers ‘inside,’ and to introduce energy data services as a new business stream.
- We’re on track with the big grant projects we lead, My Energy Marketplace (MEM) and MyTown Microgrid – Heyfield, and we continue to provide monitoring solutions and expertise to numerous research and innovation projects in the ‘New Energy’ and ‘Smart Building’ sectors.
Looking ahead to 2022
As the world focuses more and more on solutions to the climate crisis, Wattwatchers finds itself at the heart of key action areas including energy efficiency, renewables, distributed energy resources management, smart and sustainable buildings, the rise of electric vehicles, and the electrification of everything.
Our core mission of empowering household and commercial electricity consumers with highly-granular real-time and historical energy data and insights is more important than ever.
So we’re doubling down on making electricity usage visible and controllable, and on how we can help you to solve your challenges and to maximise your opportunities.
At a reality check level, we know we’ll all still be learning to ‘live with Covid’ in the year ahead, and potentially for years to come.
In 2021, we’ve seen some of the deeper impacts of the pandemic, including extended disruptions to the global supply chains we all rely on for key technical components, products and accessories.
We are investing in long-term supply to provide our whole ecosystem with as much certainty as possible in challenging times.
We’ll keep you informed of any significant developments, and you can help us to maintain supplies and services by planning ahead and providing as much lead-time as possible for new requirements and large orders.