UL and CB Scheme certifications reinforce Wattwatchers’ world reach
With Wattwatchers devices now deployed in rollouts, pilots and trials in more than 12 countries on six continents, we’re delighted to announce that our energy monitoring devices have achieved UL certification – and also related certifications under the international CB Scheme.
Underwriters Laboratories (UL LLC), based in the US, is arguably the world’s leading independent institution for electrical safety testing consistent with the worldwide system for Conformity Testing and Certification of Electrotechnical Equipment and Components (IECEE), based in Geneva, Switzerland.
Operated by the IECEE, the CB Scheme is an international system for mutual acceptance of test reports and certificates dealing with the safety of electrical and electronic components, equipment and products.
For Wattwatchers, testing for the CB Scheme was an extension of UL testing.
These UL/CB scheme certifications add to Wattwatchers’ suite of national and international certifications including Australia/New Zealand standards, the CE mark for the UK and Europe, and US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) compliance for telecommunications.
For the more tech-minded, the new certifications for Wattwatchers cover:
- Underwriters Laboratories (UL LLC) Safety Report Model: Auditor6M, Auditor3M, Auditor6W, Auditor3W
- Device Description: Energy Monitoring Equipment
- Base Standard(s): UL 61010-1, 3rd Edition, May 11, 2012, Revised April 29 2016, CAN/CSAC22.2 No. 61010-1-12, 3rd Edition, Revision dated April 29 2016, IEC 61010- 1:2010 (Third Edition)
- Additional Standards: IEC 61010-2-030: 2010 (First Edition)
- Report Types:
- US Certification (UL Listing) – Yes
- CAN Certification (cUL Listing) – Yes
- CB Report & Certificate – Yes (covers testing to national differences* for USA, Canada, Japan, Australia, Denmark, Republic of Korea (South Korea), Slovenia, Sweden and the UK
- Model/Type reference: Auditor6M, Auditor3M, Auditor6W, Auditor3W
- Ratings: Supply ratings: 110-240 Vac, 50-60 Hz, 2 W, CAT III
- Measurement ratings: 120/208 Vac to 260/440 Vac, 3-Phase, 4-wire system 110-240 Vac, single phase system 110/220 Vac to 240/480 Vac, single phase (split-phase three wire system)
- CT inputs: 100 mA
*Country Differences: – USA / Canada: UL 61010-1, 3rd Edition, 2012-05-11 / CAN/CSA-C22.2 No. 61010-1, 3rd Edition, 2012-05 – Switzerland: SN EN 61010-1:2010 – Japan: – Austria: EN 61010-1:2010 – Denmark: DS/EN 61010-1:2010 – Korea, Republic Of: K 61010-1 – Slovenia: SIST EN 61010-1 – Sweden: SS-EN 61010-1:2010 – United Kingdom: BS EN61010-1:2010