Granular sub-metering is more important than ever for commercial and industrial building owners and their facilities managers. They have a lot to manage across Net Zero decarbonisation, sustainability rankings, renewables, demand management and electrification. Digitalisation is key to tracking energy, carbon and water. The new Wattwatchers MyEnergy Plus tool for environmental sustainability streamlines Green Star reporting and building code compliance. Net Zero Property Director James Clements and our Sales team are demonstrating the new tool at major property sector events this spring.
SOLUTION PROFILE: Wattwatchers MyEnergy Plus
Prompted by growing demand from building portfolio owners and their facility managers, Wattwatchers Digital Energy has developed a new sustainability reporting tool that we’re calling MyEnergy Plus.
We’re launching MyEnergy Plus progressively over the next few months, including at property industry events and other direct engagement with existing and potential customers.
The addition of MyEnergy Plus to the Wattwatchers solution suite reflects how rapidly digital and data-driven energy solutions are rising on the real estate/property sector agenda, in Australia and globally.
How it works
The graphic below provides an overview of how the Wattwatchers solution ecosystem works in a commercial building example with the addition of MyEnergy Plus.
This next graphic provides a look inside the MyEnergy Plus tool.
Electricity data is an asset
For building owners and facility managers, electricity data is often their most valuable asset for the Net Zero journey.
But the big question is always: Do you and your team have the flexibility to harness its power?
With flexibility and cost-effectiveness top of mind, MyEnergy Plus has been designed to provide a streamlined path to compliance with the requirements of the National Construction Code (NCC), Section J8/9.
For those who want to do more, MyEnergy Plus also helps to enable sustainability outperformance via NABERS, Green Star, GRESB and other rating and ranking programs.
MyEnergy Plus is fast and easy to deploy, and straightforward and flexible to use.
It enables users to unlock the power of electricity data to accelerate their Net Zero journeys, boost property value and support tenant engagement with a technology that’s fast and easy to deploy.
Smartphone app for tenants
Within the Wattwatchers solution ecosystem, tenants can be supported and engaged with our sister application, the MyEnergy home/tenant/small business mobile app, recently updated to include the insights-driven ‘Flow’ feature.
The graphic below shows screen shots from the MyEnergy app.
Anchored by the Wattwatchers Auditor® series
This new Wattwatchers solution starts with our proven hardware, which is simple, wireless (cellular to cloud) and ultra-compact, featuring:
- Australian designed and made
- Streamlined configuration
- Saves space on switchboards
- Allows high metering density
- No local comms, hubs or computers to mount, install and configure
- Up to 80% less cost than traditional cabled solutions
- Robust grid edge security features
Wattwatchers Auditor 6M: cellular, compact and cost-effective
MyEnergy Plus features
The MyEnergy Plus sustainability reporting solution features include:
- Get advanced electricity monitoring in near-real-time
- Access the latest version of the software from everywhere
- Automate carbon calculations, identify energy wastage, and track against target.
- Receive comprehensive active updates and email notifications for savings opportunities, power quality issues, and target compliance
- Also get historic/trend data by building systems and energy end-use
- Push-reporting is automated for tenants and other stakeholders
- Mobile App for tenant engagement and managing energy to a budget
- Publish live views to screens and webpages
Who is this for?
Wattwatchers MyEnergy Plus is ideal for a range of commercial and industrial use cases including:
- Multi-site retail
- Clubs and pubs
- Mid-market office and shopping centres
- Supermarkets and bottle shops
- Entertainment, leisure and sports venues
- Logistics and warehousing
- Ports and airports
- Business parks
Real Estate Innovation Festival
Wattwatchers’ Director Net Zero Property, James Clements, will be presenting on MyEnergy Plus at the upcoming Real Estate Innovation festival (REIF23) at Royal Randwick in Sydney this October 23-24.
The Wattwatchers Sales team will have a stand at REIF23 as well, making it a great opportunity to learn more about MyEnergy Plus and our wider suite of solutions for the built environment.
If you’d like to attend REIF23 you can receive a 10% discount by using the Wattwatchers event code (REIF10WW) and registering here.